From ceviche and tacos to BBQ and vegan soul food, Bayview Bistro just added five new vendors to its food park lineup.
Supported by the SFPUC, its social impact partners and OEWD, Bayview Bistro was created in collaboration with the community to encourage local workers, residents and visitors to patronize neighborhood-owned businesses. Bayview Bistro also aims to expand the vendors’ customer base to workers and residents in neighborhoods surrounding SFPUC’s Southeast Treatment Plant. The site features a regular rotation of food entrepreneurs who live or work in Bayview-Hunters Point. The site has been enhanced with bleacher style seating, local art, and a former shipping container that features a colorful mural.
Bayview Bistro has extended its hours and now will be open every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 11am to 4pm at 4101 Third Street in San Francisco. The new vendors are:
- Yo Soy Ceviche: Yo Soy Ceviche was founded in 2018 by owner Nory Michelle and serves traditional Peruvian recipes made with a twist of fusion.
- The Vegan Hood Chefs: Ronnishia Johnson and Rheema Calloway are The Vegan Hood Chefs. They specialize in turning soul food and American style favorites into delicious vegan meals.
- Tacos Rodriguez: Gerardo Rodriguez is a resident of Bayview and the owner of Tacos Rodriguez food truck. He specializes in traditional Mexican food including tacos and quesadillas.
- Rome’s Kitchen: Roman “Rome” Rodgers, grew up in the Bayview and started his business this year. Rome’s Kitchen specializes in selling Italian style soul food.
- Ron’s Pit Stop BBQ: Ron’s Pit Stop BBQ is owned by Ron Cain, a Bayview resident who specializes in BBQ dishes.
Since its opening in July 2019, Bayview Bistro has already attracted thousands of SFPUC staff, contractors, and residents who enjoyed more than 3,500 meals from the first round of vendors: Soul Bowlz, Big H BBQ, and Yes Pudding.
Each vendor involved in Bayview Bistro either lives, works, or owns a business in Bayview-Hunters point and receives technical assistance with creating a website, registering as a City vendor, and developing a marketing plan.
Bayview Bistro will be closed the week of Thanksgiving (November 28-30) and December 26 through January 8, reopening on January 9, 2020.