The SFPUC Impact Awards is our annual employee recognition program. Relaunched in 2016, the recognition program has become a wonderful tradition of recognizing excellence in service. In the last four years, we have honored 160 employees and partners.
The SFPUC Impact Award is our highest commendation, recognizing the hard work of impactful employees, celebrating our successes, and learning about the great work happening throughout the agency. There are more than 2,300 across SFPUC – only six individuals and three teams are awarded annually.
What makes our employee recognition program special is that it’s peer-to-peer program. Employees must complete the nomination form and provide a description of the individual’s or team’s contribution to SFPUC with examples. The written description is what is reviewed and rated. On average, a nomination has 350 words, with some exceeding 800 words!
This year, 93 employees took the time to nominate their colleagues and partners. In total, 282 individuals were recognized by their peers.
We are so proud to announce the this year’s SFPUC Impact Award Winners.
SFPUC Impact Award Individual Honorees
- Julia Allman, Stakeholder and Community Interest Award
- Mike Brown, Environmental Stewardship Award
- Scott Chenue, Organizational Excellence Award
- James Hendry, Financial Sustainability Award
- Kenneth Moore, Reliable Service and Assets Award
- Brian Thomas, Infrastructure | Effective Workforce Award
SFPUC Impact Award Team Honorees
- Distribution Field Services, Reliable Service and Assets Award
- Thanksgiving Weekend Water Main Break Crew, Effective Workforce Award
- Water Quality Sample Monitoring (WQSM) Project, Organizational Excellence Award
Learn more about our winners and the work they do. From November 30th onwards, we will showcase an Impact Award winner each day.